The Clarksville Historical Society is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving the history of the local area and providing educational programs about Clarksville and the surrounding area. Over the years, CHS has acquired artifacts, books, photographs and other materials relating to the history of the area in and around Clarksville, including a large collection of tools from a local blacksmith. On September 14, 2010, CHS formally received title to the Woodside Schoolhouse, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. On June 17, 2014, CHS acquired the M.B. Earl store, which originally opened on April 12, 1902. Once reconditioned, these buildings can be used as storage space and to display our collections.
Since our foundation in 2004, the Clarksville Historical Society has been growing steadily. We are making good progress in our efforts to preserve the history of the local area and provide educational programs about Clarksville and the surrounding area. Our programs have seen an increase in attendance over the years. In addition to the six programs we offer during the spring and fall, we now have our Marvelous Adventure Tours which take us to local historical sites.